Aloha Chicks - 25+ LIVE CHICKS -Will Ship Anywhere!

I am just starting a farm in western washington and looking for good layers and healthy all around chickens, the weather gets cold here in winter are they good for hot and cold weather?

I just bumped this listing because I will have chicks to sell on December 10. I know it will be safe to ship out of here on that date, but do note temps must be above 37 on the arrival city.

So, posting this just in case anyone was looking to start this project, and lives in a warm climate like Southern CA, Southern TX, Florida, etc, where temps in winter are very warm.

Info on the current breeder pens can be found on my Blog here:

http://alohachickens.blogspot.com/

Reminder: The window to ship chicks out of Phoenix is very narrow, so if anyone is interested in starting this project, late February through early April is pretty much the only window to get them out of here and into anywhere cold. That's because it has to be above 37 in your area, and below 85 to ship out of Phoenix. By late April we have already reached the 90's! It's a very narrow time frame that allows me to ship to the central US or east coast.

I have a friend who has loaned me a large cabinet incubator, and as long as I have the loaner and the ability to fill orders, I will ship chicks.

Lots of new photos of upcoming Spring 2014 breeding stock!!! Check out this Blog post to see some of the hens that are just now getting ready to start laying:

http://alohachickens.blogspot.com/2013/12/stephens-2013-alohas.html

We are getting at least half with yellow legs now, and our comb issues have been totally worked out. Hens are still a bit small, probably 4-5 pound range, with a few that are sized like a hatchery Speckled Sussex. Much larger than Banty, but we are still not at the 7+ pounds that I'd like to reach.

However, we have two Sussex breeder pens that include BUFF SUSSEX and DUN LIGHT SUSSEX - both very rare breeds - and chicks from these pens will be included with some of the Spring shipments, to breeder homes, as these crosses should help fix the size problem.

Here is a photo of the absolutely enormous Dun Light Sussex rooster, who is being crossed with small but extremely spotted Aloha hens:

The chicks from this pen would not show spotting, but would carry the Mottled gene and show much improved size.

The hens will start laying any time now. If you live in the Midwest or East the window to ship will be only from late Feb to April so be sure to contact me to get in line!

If you live in a warm climate (Southern CA, parts of Texas, deep South) winter shipments may be possible.

Last edited:
Received My 25+ chicks, all arrived alive & healthy. They are fast growers which is really nice. Developing nicely, can't wait to see them after they molt! I will be purchasing more in the spring from your new pens for sure! Thank you for a smooth transaction & such healthy babies!

I would like to know where you are in Phoenix, I am in Tacna, AZ about 150 miles W of Phoenix. I would love to have 4 hens. The Aloha's seem to be something I would love to have. Please let me know if or when I could possibly get them. Thanks

*BUMP*

NOTICE: Shipment available NOW to go out on April 4th, 2017.

This will probably be last chance until next November or December earliest! Temps must be 85 or less to ship out of Phoenix, AZ and already we are seeing the 90's.

*Contact me ASAP if interested.

Pics below are some of current Spring 2017 breeding stock:

FYI - Chicks are straight run. (This is not an auto sexing breed.)

I am only shipping to potential "breeding" homes who are willing to keep a pen with rooster and hens, to offer eggs or chicks to people in their area. Sadly, the heat in Phoenix makes roosters infertile for much of the year (July-September) which makes it especially hard to ship even eggs during warm months. For this reason, really need a couple of folks in other regions far away from here who want to keep even a few hens (like even 4-6 of the most colorful girls) and a rooster. Ideally, someone who may be interested in selling or swapping eggs with other chicken enthusiasts, even if it's just local sales on Craigslist or area chicken groups.

This batch of chicks is hatching right now, 6 or 7 hatched so far, and would need payment by tomorrow around noon in order to ship. (Assuming there are 25+ hatched by then, if not shipment would be delayed to Wednesday.) If anyone is interested in a shipment going out 4/4 you must contact me by tomorrow morning as shipments must be approved by the USPS before delivering to Post Office.

If someone is interested in good egg layers, and only girls, the commercial hatcheries are a better option, they can offer all females. These project birds are more for folks who like fun colors and something different in their flock. Swedish Flowers are becoming more common, however the Alohas, while not a "pure" breed, are still a much more affordable option at this point. (Straight run Swedish are currently selling for $18 each at Meyer Hatchery.)

I love what you have done with this Aloha Project. I have 6 Speckled Sussex ( 1 Cockerel 5 Pullets ) I would love to cross breed them with some of my other breeds to see what I could get...I raise Marans ( Black Copper, Blue, Splash, and Wheaten ) Welsummers, Silverudd's Blue Isbars ( Blue, Splash, and Black ) Svart Honas, Lavender Ameraucanas, and EE, I thought about using my Welsummers and Wheaten Marans, which Breed do you believe would be a good candidate to cross them with?

Back
Top Bottom