Ameracauna? Easter Eggers?

modchicken

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 19, 2012
Here are my 3 new chicks! Have any idea what they'll look like when they grow up? EE? Ameracauna? I know one is a Barred Rock!

I think you have at least one Easter Egger - and the other light one could very well be one, too. Does he/she have puffy cheeks?

You have EEs because you have a variety of colors in the legs, and the fluff. Ameraucanas only have slate legs. That's it. Any other color is EE.

Not only that, but you'd be pretty aware of going waaaaaaaaaaay out of your way to locate a breeder, and pay good money for a purebred Ameraucana. They're not usually something you just stumble across, like EEs.

Adorable babies
thumbsup.gif

You have EEs because you have a variety of colors in the legs, and the fluff. Ameraucanas only have slate legs. That's it. Any other color is EE.

Not only that, but you'd be pretty aware of going waaaaaaaaaaay out of your way to locate a breeder, and pay good money for a purebred Ameraucana. They're not usually something you just stumble across, like EEs.

Adorable babies
thumbsup.gif
I mean I went to a breeder about 45 minutes away from here? They were like $8? Idk... I don't mind which one they are!! I just wondered!!! I love them all!!

Both have puffy cheeks! :) The darker one has dark legs and the lighter one has tan legs! Would the dark one be an Amerecauna and the lighter one an EE? I love them both! What color will they be when they grow up do you think? Thanks!

Here is a good website if you are interested in Ameraucana breed standards and information: www.ameraucana.org.

It is a rare breed with very strict standards of breeding. It is highly unlikely that you have picked up a really rare purebred mixed with a bunch of EEs (mixed breeds). Is it possible? Perhaps. It's also possible that I'll win the lottery that I'm fixin to enter this week, but I'm not going to quit my job and count on it (but I'll hope really really hard!).

I personally think EEs are a bit more fun than Ameraucanas because of their mixed nature. You just don't know what color skittle they will turn out to be, and sometimes you get 3 skittles worth of color in one!

Back
Top Bottom