Ameracauna or Easter egger

seahuntmike

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 23, 2014

Not a big deal just curious. Do y'all think that she(hopefully) is an ameracauna or Easter egger

Last edited:
The bird is in no way an Ameraucana. It has a straight comb and no beard or muffs.

Ameraucanas are a pure breed with an APA standard of perfection. They have a pea comb, muffs, beard, tail, and come in certain colors. They only lay blue eggs.

An Easter Egger is a mutt bird with a blue egg-laying ancestor; they can look like anything and lay any colored egg, hence the name. They have no standard of perfection.

Thanks she is very skittish, and has recently been letting out a fairly high pitch chirp.

Once again thanks, I had read about the beard and muffs but the black legs kind of threw me for a loop

The bird is in no way an Ameraucana. It has a straight comb and no beard or muffs.

Ameraucanas are a pure breed with an APA standard of perfection. They have a pea comb, muffs, beard, tail, and come in certain colors. They only lay blue eggs.

An Easter Egger is a mutt bird with a blue egg-laying ancestor; they can look like anything and lay any colored egg, hence the name. They have no standard of perfection.
[

So would you say that she is an easter egger or am I really missing something/quote]

Back
Top Bottom