Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Dang it! Lol
How can you tell an EE from a purebred? I should post my other rooster and see what every thinks.
There's a few type and shank shade differences that I'm not up to date on, but the biggest giveaway is the colour. It's an extremely typical one for EEs and not one in the SOP for Ameraucanas. Also, I've noted that Ameraucanas tend to have incredibly long and shiny feathers, and in mature birds there's some more indicators in type such as general balance or tail set.

Hello all,
I am back after a long while and have a few questions. But first...
Months ago I brought 10 Ameraucana chicks from a breeder. 3 black, 7 blue. And sadly I only have three pullets. Two of the pullets are almost completely blue, no lacing, with more of a "thicker" comformation. The other pullet, a beautifully laced girl, has more of a leaner conformation.
*Which type is more desirable?
*Is it better to have a good laced cockerel or a good laced pullet for the best chance of their chicks having good lacing?
*is black to blue or blue to blue better for lacing?
I will try to post pictures and age tomorrow. :)

Sold off my bantam wheaten flock a few years ago. Im trying to find a trio or quad of some breeders. I'll pay for shipping. Here's a few pics of some of my old flock before it was sold. If I sold you any eggs or chicks a few years ago, please message me, I'd like to obtain some of my old flock. I did not have this BYC account but I was a member of the ABC & AA, I was on the directory under Spencer Crouse. Thanks, Spencer

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpg
    IMG_1374.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 24
Sold off my bantam wheaten flock a few years ago. Im trying to find a trio or quad of some breeders. I'll pay for shipping. Here's a few pics of some of my old flock before it was sold. If I sold you any eggs or chicks a few years ago, please message me, I'd like to obtain some of my old flock. I did not have this BYC account but I was a member of the ABC & AA, I was on the directory under Spencer Crouse. Thanks, Spencer
Very nice birds! I can easily see why you want to find some.

I don't ship, so can't help. I think I remember that I got my start from Pips and Peeps. They have great bantam wheaten. They tend to be sold out way in advance. However, they are worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom