Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

What does the range in tones of blue chicks mean about adult plumage, if anything?

I have four, two lighter and two darker. One of the lighter chicks also has "eyebrows" where the light, almost yellowish color that is on the belly creeps up above the eye if that makes sense. Curious if the will look different as adults in some way. Thanks!

What does the range in tones of blue chicks mean about adult plumage, if anything?

I have four, two lighter and two darker. One of the lighter chicks also has "eyebrows" where the light, almost yellowish color that is on the belly creeps up above the eye if that makes sense. Curious if the will look different as adults in some way. Thanks!

If anything it means that as adults they'll be different shades and hues of Blue as well.
smile.png

Hmm, I tried to upload photos but the post is blank. Seems pretty straightforward but this forum is not happy with one of my computers for some reason. It also won't allow me to write separate paragraphs on this computer. Darn, I still can't show the babies to everyone.

Ok, it works on my other computer. Weird.

Anywho, these are the chicks. They are blue, right? You can see the "eyebrows" in the first pic pretty well. The little one is a mille fleur d'uccle, one of three bossy little critters. The other "blue" chicks are darker and don't have the "eyebrows" at all, heads much darker. They are now over two weeks, so far only one has a tail. Looks like the other three will be rumpless. They were hatched by a BYC member, she got the eggs as purported purebreds but I can't tell the difference until they older (and don't really care other than to satisfy curiosity, I am not breeding). Do they look right? I think they were actually sold as Araucana eggs. Let me know what you think about them, any insight or input is very welcomed!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom