Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Isn't it the British language for the word for Wheaten is Wheaton? Sometimes it depends on where you live, it would use the e and o in that language, just like gray and grey. But they all mean the same color (or colour).

I have researched and am looking for local Pure Ameraucana chicks. I found some within an hour and half of me but I'm having a hard time deciding if these are Pure or not.

Do these look Wheaten and the leg color??

Group shot

What do yall think?? My goal is to eventually hatch Olive Eggers and I really want to add a blue egg to my color basket:)

I have researched and am looking for local Pure Ameraucana chicks. I found some within an hour and half of me but I'm having a hard time deciding if these are Pure or not.

Group shot

What do yall think?? My goal is to eventually hatch Olive Eggers and I really want to add a blue egg to my color basket:)

They look like they are all EE. http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

Group shot

Is that a flock of SPLASH Wheatens? Did they tell you what color they were? They are not wheaten for sure.... I don't really know about splash Wheatens enough to tell you if they are good or not. I am thinking the pullets are showing too much splash.

I think I would pass on them. Breeding Splash to splash just dilutes too much. Not the best breeding plan to me.

Thanks DM and heather...I looked at the Ameraucana breeders club earlier and didnt see those hens on the pic list. Just wanted to double check with more experienced peeps. Thanks so much

Thanks DM and heather...I looked at the Ameraucana breeders club earlier and didnt see those hens on the pic list. Just wanted to double check with more experienced peeps. Thanks so much

You will not find splash on the scrapbook. It is not an approved color... as in most breeds of chickens. Only a few have splash as an approved color.

The reason I called them EE, is not because they are close to splash Wheaten, and it's not recognized. I said it because I have seen EE hens that are creamy colored with the heavy red/ginger color on there bodies. If those are culls???? I know that I don't have any hens that look that way............... I have not had them very long either, so IDK. Usually a rooster will have a lot of leakage. I don't see a rooster in that pic. I can't make it bigger, something with my phone/tablet/computer. I don't think I am that far off base, Royce???

I am looking for Silver Ameraucana hatching eggs, any suggestions?

John Blehm sells a beautiful line of silver Ameraucana's, but I don't have my list to know if they are day old chicks or hatching eggs. I was just looking at them the other day. He's on the ABC breeders list. I'm sure there are others, but be careful when buying online. Also, buying from here is a great place too. Just be careful from other online sites.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom