Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thought I'd post all the above together to highlight a point and then I missed the last one somehow but somebody finally mentioned that this is a "Splash Wheaten". I know Jerry in all probability meant "Splash Wheaten" but said "Splash". I only point this out because as someone who's followed this thread for like 5 years, I know how easily people get confused and many wouldn't know the difference between a Splash from a BBS and a Splash Wheaten from a WBS. So, in the interest of keeping confusion to a minimum, it's might be best if birds are referred to by their proper name. Not being critical and hoping this makes sense.

And btw, I would like to see a close up of that comb.

God Bless,

Sorry for the picture quaility! I found on here and on a breeders website, a Blue Splash Wheaten that looked like ours, is there any legitimacy to that ? I also met his dad who has the same weird comb and was a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana and I know he came from a bright blue egg...that's all! Hope that helps a little! Thank you for your expertise!!

Thought I'd post all the above together to highlight a point and then I missed the last one somehow but somebody finally mentioned that this is a "Splash Wheaten".  I know Jerry in all probability meant "Splash Wheaten" but said "Splash".  I only point this out because as someone who's followed this thread for like 5 years, I know how easily people get confused and many wouldn't know the difference between a Splash from a BBS and a Splash Wheaten from a WBS.  So, in the interest of keeping confusion to a minimum, it's might be best if birds are referred to by their proper name.  Not being critical and hoping this makes sense.

And btw, I would like to see a close up of that comb. 

God Bless,

Yes I did mean splash wheaten.I am thinking the comb is pea just not very good.Oh and the first pic for comparing is a cockerel not a pullet.

Hi I am kind of new to this list. I have been reading it for awhile waiting to see when I might be able to get some help trying to sex my little black AM It is abt. 6 wks old now.
I was hoping someone might help me figure out if is is a pullet or a roo. Thank you

Side view

comb shot
Thank you!
big_smile.png

Hi I am kind of new to this list. I have been reading it for awhile waiting to see when I might be able to get some help trying to sex my little black AM It is abt. 6 wks old now.
I was hoping someone might help me figure out if is is a pullet or a roo. Thank you

comb shot
Thank you!
big_smile.png
I am NOT an expert and have only had ameraucanas for 3 years.

From the look of the comb (width/redness) on a 6 week old chick I would say cockerel.

Last edited:
I am NOT an expert and have only had ameraucanas for 3 years.

From the look of the comb (width/redness) on a 6 week old chick I would say cockerel.
Hi Phage, Thank you so much for your help! I kind of wondered if it might be since I had been reading some of the posts about the combs.
I do appreciate your help very much!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom