Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Michael is very busy most of the time.Try John Blehm for a forum password he may be able to help.These club positions can be hard to do with family,job,chickens and life in general.
You can't get on the forum until your membership has been added by Michael. Try e-mailing Michael to see if he received your information.

I have one wheaten cockerel and four blue wheaten pullets. I would like to breed them next year and I was wondering what color the offspring would be. I thought it would be 50 wheaten and 50 blue wheaten but one of the recent posts mentioned a splash wheaten. What would the percentage of offspring be then? Thank you for your help.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share some recent pictures of my Ameraucanas!
smile.png

Opal
Ollie
Lila
Waffle
Pancake

Quote:
While Jean is currently the President of the ABC, and a highly respected Ameraucana Breeder, and I'm not even sure what her position is on the subject, taking the word of any person who just happens to hold an office in a club for a particular period of time as "Gospel" is pretty silly. For one thing, the position - whatever it may be - could change every time an election occurs. For another, on this particular subject there are folks who have been members of the ABC longer than Jean and I combined who have differing viewpoints. "Gospel" doesn't change.

I, for one, have written extensively on the flaws in the logic of calling a completely genetically pure Ameraucana an Easter Egger just because it happens to have some oddity come up that disqualifies it from being shown. (i.e. stubs, coloration that is off, clean-faced, etc.) I am NOT talking about breeding two Ameraucana varieties that are NOT genetically compatible. I am specifically referring to, say for example, breeding a Wheaten cock to a Wheaten hen and coming up with some DQ. That IS a "non-standard" Ameraucana.

God Bless,

Last edited:
While Jean is currently the President of the ABC, and a highly respected Ameraucana Breeder, and I'm not even sure what her position is on the subject, taking the word of any person who just happens to hold an office in a club for a particular period of time as "Gospel" is pretty silly. For one thing, the position - whatever it may be - could change every time an election occurs. For another, on this particular subject there are folks who have been members of the ABC longer than Jean and I combined who have differing viewpoints. "Gospel" doesn't change.

I, for one, have written extensively on the flaws in the logic of calling a completely genetically pure Ameraucana an Easter Egger just because it happens to have some oddity come up that disqualifies it from being shown. (i.e. stubs, coloration that is off, clean-faced, etc.) I am NOT talking about breeding two Ameraucana varieties that are NOT genetically compatible. I am specifically referring to, say for example, breeding a Wheaten cock to a Wheaten hen and coming up with some DQ. That IS a "non-standard" Ameraucana.

God Bless

Just wondering, what would you call a paint ameraucana?

I have one wheaten cockerel and four blue wheaten pullets. I would like to breed them next year and I was wondering what color the offspring would be. I thought it would be 50 wheaten and 50 blue wheaten but one of the recent posts mentioned a splash wheaten. What would the percentage of offspring be then? Thank you for your help.
You are correct on wheaten and blue wheaten.
Blue wheaten x blue wheaten=50% blue wheaten 25%wheaten 25%splash wheaten
splash wheaten x wheaten=100% blue wheaten
splash wheaten x splash wheaten=100% splash wheaten

Back
Top Bottom