Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

By the way if you are wanting the bluest eggs, among the color types of the Ameraucana it is usually the White, Wheaten and Blue Wheaten color variety that throws the best blue without a hint of green. The Cream Legbars that I have seen compare favorably in their blueness too. Sandhill Preservation has good line of Easter Eggers that are bred for the blueness of their eggs. They have many rare varieties too that are only available in small quantities, so their Easter Eggers are good for filling the box inexpensively but are probably one of the best EE lines anywhere. They also have pure Ameraucanas in white, blue and black that are of show quality. If you go to their website it may surprise you that there are no pictures of the chickens. Their reputations and customer satisfaction make them unique in the poultry world in that they function quite well and sell out of many of their birds without them. I do understand that you can correspond with them and get pictures emailed if you like. I had correspondence with them about some of the rare seeds and plants that they also sell and all hesitation to order anything from them without a picture vanished.

So, if I understand this correctly, the chicks from my CL's covered by my AM would lay really blue eggs (eventually)? Cool project for me to work on! I know they would be EE's but fun! Would they be sex link? (Or do I not understand that part)
hu.gif

Quote:
The eggs will be blue, not sure about super blue.
My wheaten ameraucana x CCL lays blue eggs that are slightly smaller than the cream legbars, but she lays lots of them (like the CCLs).
The birds (EE) are VERY pretty to look at but are not autosexing.

So, if I understand this correctly, the chicks from my CL's covered by my AM would lay really blue eggs (eventually)? Cool project for me to work on! I know they would be EE's but fun! Would they be sex link? (Or do I not understand that part)
hu.gif

Depends what color pattern is your AM roo? With CLs the boys have a white spot on their heads when in down. It is late and I realize that my brain is not firing on all cylinders. Post what color you AM roo is and I will work it out when I have all the brain cells functioning. It is more complex than egg color. I may have to review some notes!
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom