Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I would really appreciate comments on my two cockerels. Here is the splash. He had a recurring crop problem in September and lost a lot of weight. That was resolved with a prescription of Nystatin and he has gained a lot of weight. The Wheaten behind him is massive and makes him look small in comparison. He was hatched April 1, so is 7.5 months. The wind was blowing very hard, so everyone was on their tippy toes and excited. I had thought his tail set was a bit high, but I don't think so anymore.

Here is my blue cockerel, same age as the splash 7.5 months. His color is a bit muddy, but the new feathers come in a decent color.
I would really appreciate comments, good and bad. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have pictures of her when she was 4 and 1/2 - 5 months old ( the three ones below) I'll take more pictures if these don't help? Thanks for all your help everyone! I have never had chickens till this spring and i don't know much about Ameraucana's all you can tell me is great!!! :)
I dont see a a muff or beard. + type doesnt look right to me... Pretty hard to see anything from the pictures but it looks like an EE to me

I would really appreciate comments on my two cockerels. Here is the splash. He had a recurring crop problem in September and lost a lot of weight. That was resolved with a prescription of Nystatin and he has gained a lot of weight. The Wheaten behind him is massive and makes him look small in comparison. He was hatched April 1, so is 7.5 months. The wind was blowing very hard, so everyone was on their tippy toes and excited. I had thought his tail set was a bit high, but I don't think so anymore.

I like your splash..He is small, but since he was ill he might fill out more..he is still a baby..nice curves on him.. Nice color on the legs. Nice toes. I am not sure if I see leakage or not..it might be my computer. Beautiful muff and beard.

Here is my blue cockerel, same age as the splash 7.5 months. His color is a bit muddy, but the new feathers come in a decent color.

I like this fella too..I see pretty curves in the neck and top line to tail. I like him.

I can't wait for mine to grow out. I picked up two black girls from Ohio National's this weekend, one has nice muffs and beard and the other is nice but not as nice as the first, they are around 6 months old. I still have one black chick from Jean, after my possum attack, it is rather young only around 8 weeks old. Long wait for that one. I like the splash also nice beard, the blue is gorgeous.

I can't wait for mine to grow out. I picked up two black girls from Ohio National's this weekend, one has nice muffs and beard and the other is nice but not as nice as the first, they are around 6 months old. I still have one black chick from Jean, after my possum attack, it is rather young only around 8 weeks old. Long wait for that one. I like the splash also nice beard, the blue is gorgeous.
how did you do at Nationals?

I am going next year..it is a long haul for me and my DH said we can next year. He hates the two day shows and all the traveling, but we did a two day show this year and he had fun.

LOVE that blue cockerel and the splash looks great too

Back
Top Bottom