Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I have a splash rooster, as you know it's not a recognized color for show. All else is perfect. Ameraucana, or E.E.E. ? Just wondering.

Thanks, I have been told if bred to black hens it produce solid black, blues, and splash.

He can be shown in the AOV class. Which means any other variety. There are people who are trying to get the splash color excepted. If you breed a splash to black, you will get all blues. If you breed him to blue hens you will get half blue, and half splash. Splash to splash, all splash. You can post a pic, if you like. We love to see pics!!!

[/IMG]

• will try to post picture.

Last edited:
It's just hard to understand how a potential brood cock for show quality birds. Could ITSELF be classed as other. It's hard to wrap my mind around it. I have had chickens most of my adult life. Only just raised my first Ameraucana loved him. The more I find out the more puzzled I get.

Last edited:
This is the same standard as almost all breeds in the American Standard of Perfection. There are only 1-2 kinds of poultry where splash is an accepted color and splash variety birds must be shown as AOV.

Back
Top Bottom