Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Many pages ago, I posted bbs chick pictures with yellow feet. They are almost mature now. The 2 pullets have white skin, but the cock bird has yellow skin. I know some will say get a new male, but if I work with what I have, what will I get? which is dominant, white or yellow skin?
I would not use them if you want to breed pure ameraucanas. They may well carry the yellow gene that is now hidden by the white.

Spend your precious time (and $$) on some quality chicks/birds and save yourself big headaches later.

Good luck!

Last edited:
They may have found it on google. Pictures from here post on google as soon as posted here. However if you asked him to please remove them and he isn't, then I agree, that is wrong.

I just did, but to blatantly refuse to respond to me is wrong. This person is on BYC also.
They are?!! Shame on them for using your rooster picture and my chick picture!!!
rant.gif

Thank-you for reporting them!
smile.png
Buyers beware!

They may have found it on google. Pictures from here post on google as soon as posted here. However if you asked him to please remove them and he isn't, then I agree, that is wrong.
It doesn't matter where they found them! They are making people believe their eggs are coming from this rooster and their chicks will look like mine! That is false advertising!

I just did, but to blatantly refuse to respond to me is wrong. This person is on BYC also.
I understand your frustrations P&P, unfortunately once you post on a public forum, that becomes open to everyone on the Interweb. However morally wrong it is, unless your info and pics were private, there is nothing you can do. I would be happy that a breeder thought your chicken was a good example of the breed... Kudo's to you for raising a healthy guy!

People have the mistaken idea that once a photo is on Google that it is public domain and the actual person who took the photo no longer owns it. That is not true. I've had to demand removal of several of my own photos of my birds and once, someone in TX even was selling a coop using my original Clutch Hutch--how they were going to pull that one off, I have no idea! It's a good thing that so many folks actually are familiar with my birds and my coops and jump all over them for me before I even know about it, LOL. If this guy is who I think it is, he knows better. Hope you can get him to knock it off, Jean.

Last edited:
Quote:
They are still HER PICS and not public domain. Copyright laws didn't change when the internet came along. I saw something similar on FB and she told the Internet Police.... I don't know who they are never heard of them till she said something about them. They made them remove the pic they stole. You can prosecute them but across state lines make it harder.

Back
Top Bottom