Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hi Everyone -

Is there anyone on this thread in MN or surrounding states that would have quality Large Fowl Wheaten Ameraucana eggs or chicks? Looking for something with show potential and a bluer egg color is a must and really only interested in Wheaten, or possibly Lavender. Willing to travel a fair distance for quality or risk shipping from a reputable seller.

Please PM me with your info / availability / fees. I have only found 1 person on the buy / sell board and am waiting for a reply back from her as well but it has been a few days.

Must be NPIP certified.

Thanks All!

Kris

Last edited:
Kris,

some of the folks responsible for creating this breed are located here in the upper midwest, I suggest checking this link and contacting those that are near you. I found some excellent stock this way a couple of years ago.

http://ameraucana.org/DnLd/BreedersDirectory.pdf

Also consider joining the club, great way to build your knowledge and meet some of these folks.

good luck,

Dan B

Thanks for the suggestion Dan! I had looked at the breeders list, and there may be some in KS, but there are no listings for MN, IA, WI or the Dakotas in the colors I am looking for. I will keep trying!

Hi y'all I've been lurking for awhile but now that the day I will be receiving my chicks from Paul smith gets closer and closer I've decided to join the conversation, and be prepared because I will ask a lot of questions. :)

I have a 9 month old Splash Wheaten cockerel that I've grown out that has really nice size and I like his tail angle, but I just noticed this week he has a slight wry tail. His legs are lighter than SOP. My question is, is it worth breeding him to my females, or should I cull him and use something else? I have a nice coming 2 y/o wheaten roo I could use instead until I come across something else.
If I knew what females I'm using it would be an easier decision to make, but the ones I bought last year have all gone infertile due to age.
I can post pictures if that would help anyone help me
big_smile.png

I just had to share my wonderful day. Yesterday I got eggs from every pen! A wonderful surprise since my birds have been really affected by this weather. I was beginning to loose hope, lol. Of course, last night it was 8 degrees, so I'm probably back to square one today.

I have the following pens:
LF BBS
Bantam BBS
LF lavender
LF wheate/blue wheaten
Bantam Wheaten

Also Bantam Black Araucana

Come on Spring!

Hi everyone! Im new to byc hoping im posting this in the right place. im in search of a blue wheaten hen or chicks. Im in Sacramento ca.if any one could point me in the right direction that would be amazing .thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom