Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

These Ameraucana chicks are about 8 weeks old in these photos taken Jun 17th. I think there are 2 males and 2 females. One of the chicks (wheaten), the one on the rock, is a special needs chick. He had to be dropper fed when very young, and he seems confused most of the time. He has the darkest comb (although it is not obvious in this photo), but is very small. The largest is the dark grey one. Would someone care to offer an opinion on the sex of these four?
Thank you.

The color, says pullet to me. I am not a pro with this variety, if its a splash wheaten cockerel I am not sure of it.

Cockerel

Pullet, same disclaimer as above.

Pullet

I think its a cockerel. 13 weeks, a pullet would have no color at all.
That was my thought as well..bummer. I have them listed on CL - I cannot find anyone on my local BYC thread who is interested
sad.png
Wish my luck
fl.gif
I have a couple of local farmers who will always take extra roosters to grow out & process if nothing pans out but I was hoping for a slightly more optimistic future for these two.

I sold 2 of my black ameraucana cockerals last week. One through CL was a grandfather looking for a first rooster for his grandson's flock carrying the blue egg gene. The other through a local FB poultry group to a couple wanting olive eggers out of their welsummer hens. Both originally thought they wanted EEs so I'd make sure folks know the potential of your boys. I still have 2 to place - taking them to a swap next week and placing ads at feed stores. Good luck!

I sold 2 of my black ameraucana cockerals last week. One through CL was a grandfather looking for a first rooster for his grandson's flock carrying the blue egg gene. The other through a local FB poultry group to a couple wanting olive eggers out of their welsummer hens. Both originally thought they wanted EEs so I'd make sure folks know the potential of your boys. I still have 2 to place - taking them to a swap next week and placing ads at feed stores. Good luck!
Where is the swap meet next week in Pa?

Back
Top Bottom