Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Mine started out the smallest of the group, but she has caught up.  These are my first ones, so I do not know yet how they will compare in size.

My Am may be smaller but she is very spiunky!
The Buff Orpington is just a large chicken as a breed! The Barred Rock too I think. My sussex And Ameraucana are pretty close in size.
Your chickens are very beautiful.
How did you decide on Lagertha for a name?

Last edited:
Thank you!, I got them all last month at a poultry swap. My nephew named her after a viking woman on history channel's show the vikings's LOL
smile.png
. I got the Ameracauna (Lagertha), a Norwegian Jaerhon (the yellow one named Fiona), and two california greys named (Lena and Aela). They all have special names lol.

Thank you!, I got them all last month at a poultry swap. My nephew named her after a viking woman on history channel's show the vikings's LOL :) . I got the Ameracauna (Lagertha), a Norwegian Jaerhon (the yellow one named Fiona), and two california greys named (Lena and Aela).  They all have special names lol. 

My girls names pale by comparison.
Rita, Mildred, Byrdie and Punchkin. :gig
Will put Lagertha on the short list of names for my next chicken!

Last edited:
This is my lavender girl. I have finally decided that she is a girl even though she has been slower to develop her tail. She has an issue with her wing, I think others have referred to it as a split wing. I have a lavender cockerel and he is much bigger, even when they were chicks and his feet are larger too. Comments please.
I like your splash birds.

These are Paul Smith chicks, so I expect they will be pretty special. I can't wait to see how they turn out as adults. The Blue Wheaten roo really stands out and I am not sure which would be my second favorite. I don't think I have a splash roo, but as long as I have a Blue, I can have splash babies.
Love my W/BW girls from Paul Smith. Bred to Pips&Peeps lines I have gotten some awesome chicks! Then I added in a pure "Cree" line (also in Pips&Peeps lines so they are blending well) last summer and so far I am real happy with the results. lualshannon's beautiful pictures are of my chicks. :D This is my favorite Paul Smith hen. She is a splash and has produced my best babies.
She is gorgeous, Chickee ! I am enjoying your chicks' wonderful, delightful temperament as well as their beauty, and feel fortunate to have them. Thank you!!!l

Back
Top Bottom