Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

So here is a closeup of the W/BW wing tips. Both of them look the same - the feather coming out is cream, but the base holding the feather is darkish. Is that indicative of male, or is this what it looks like for either at about 3 days old?

What you look at is the body feathers that come in... females will have same coloring all over, boys will get darker feathers in chest and lighter heads... wheatens black/ish chest, and blue wheatens blue/ish chests...

Will someone please clarify for me on this hen...EE? She lays minty green blue eggs. Please excuse her ruffled appearance...not only is she my daughters favorite, she is also my Roos
***edit- she also is solid white...I realize she has some dirt on her from napping in clay dirt.
By her appearance in the picture, she does look like a White Ameraucana. One way to know If she is not an Ameraucana. Is to check the color of her beak and soles of her feet. If they are yellow, then she is an Easter Egger (EE). Ameraucana are suppose to have white skin, white soles, and white/bone color beaks. I think the exception is on black and blue Ameraucanas they are allowed to have black beaks.

So here is a closeup of the W/BW wing tips. Both of them look the same - the feather coming out is cream, but the base holding the feather is darkish. Is that indicative of male, or is this what it looks like for either at about 3 days old?
I have 3 that look just like this right now. I really need some pullets. Mine had no puffy cheeks though :( hopefully they will develop them later?

x2   sorry  :(

How much fluffy cheeks they have as a chick is exactly how much fluffiness they will have full grown.

X3
Sorry. Went through this last year and ended up culling almost an entire year's hatch for lack of beards and muffs. I almost cried when the first chicks from my first try hatch this year had beautiful little fluffy cheeks when they were all dry.

Of course, then i get hit with the feathered leg wheaten syndrome. Lol
It's always something.

Back
Top Bottom