Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

All the birds are stunning!
droolin.gif
Getting an ameraucana roo so I can create my own EE and OE, does anyone have a good suggestion to put in with the roo, I was thinking BCM for darker green, but I would love to see what a Vorwerk x Ameraucana would be like! So many possibilities, love it!!!
celebrate.gif

I created some gorgeous OEs crossing my Golden Cuckoo Marans rooster over blue wheaten Ameraucana hens.

It is my understanding that for the best olive colored eggs that you should use a Marans rooster hatched from the darkest eggs over blue egg laying hens.

I created some gorgeous OEs crossing my Golden Cuckoo Marans rooster over blue wheaten Ameraucana hens.

It is my understanding that for the best olive colored eggs that you should use a Marans rooster hatched from the darkest eggs over blue egg laying hens.

I want to get some OE's from my marans and Ameraucanas but my husband thinks I should just keep them in their separate coops and not do that. I want the green eggs!

I want to get some OE's from my marans and Ameraucanas but my husband thinks I should just keep them in their separate coops and not do that. I want the green eggs!

I have 3 pens with 2 for pure Ameraucanas,1 for pure Marans in with Ameraucana hens that don't make the cut and are used to make OE. Easy to distinguish pure and crosses by the egg color. All chocolate eggs are pure Marans and the blue eggs collected from the Marans pen are the cross for OE.

Hopefully one day I will be a reputable breeder
thumbsup.gif

Here's a shot of my best blue pullet. The one behind her is lighter, there's another that's in between, but I'm loving this girl

Did they come from the Blue/Black pens? I talked with Paul, He said the Blue/Black layed bluer and larger eggs then his Wheaten/blue wheaten pens! So I ordered both for jan/feb next year.

Back
Top Bottom