Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Thanks for your help! I know you guys have done a lot of hatches and you know what you're talking about, but what I don't understand is why the wafer is going out already. I just bought the incubator and this is the first time I've used it.

I have Polish..... I was just wondering what he could be mixed with ( other than possibly Polish). I agree with you that he is not an EE either. He almost has the stance of a game bird........ because even when on high alert my Polish never look that straight and have that long of a neck. Cool looking boy though!

I have thought the same thing about the possibility of game... he is quite the flyer and loves to perch real high in my tree.still he is cool and the one I bought him from thought he was Americauna so yeah.

Thanks for your help! I know you guys have done a lot of hatches and you know what you're talking about, but what I don't understand is why the wafer is going out already. I just bought the incubator and this is the first time I've used it.

If you've just bought it and the wafers are going out, I would contact GQF and let them know. I think they're pretty good about customer service.

Do you have a lot of eggs in it?  Sometimes towards the end of the hatch, the embryos start to make their own heat and that could be what is going on.....

Very good point, Jean!

Chicken5555, try taking your heat sinks out and see if that stabilizes it... otherwise even brand new it could have just gotten a bad wafer...

Do you have a lot of eggs in it? Sometimes towards the end of the hatch, the embryos start to make their own heat and that could be what is going on.....

There are ten in there. I don't know if you'd call that a lot. I spent hour next to the incubator and turned it down a quarter turn every time it started heating up past 101 degrees. I ended up turning the dial a full 2 turns before the temperature stabilized. It is holding steady now. I didn't let it spike or drop during the time I was adjusting it so I hope they're all okay. Not sure if that still points to the wafer or if it means the embryos were making their own heat.

Back
Top Bottom