Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Here are some pictures of my little ones. Waiting for them to grow out so I can pick which ones I am keeping for my breeding program. Opinions are welcomed!
1f603.png

The blacks and dark blues dust bathing

My little cockerel.

My second pen. He is a little cutie but I am unsure about his coloring so far.

The blue male is looking good as far as I can see. Nice lacing/edging. The blue males color in very unevenly, so give him time to finish. You can make a determination around six or seven months, but looks pretty good right now.

This is my 5 month old Blue Cockerel. Is his neck color acceptable, or are the blue colored feathers in his neck allowed for breeding?
(Disregard his wing carriage because I had to clip the wings to keep them in my fences)

Last edited:

This is my 5 month old Blue Cockerel. Is his neck color acceptable, or are the blue colored feathers in his neck allowed for breeding?
(Disregard his wing carriage because I had to clip the wings to keep them in my fences)

He's not finished out yet. Give him a couple more months. Nice type on him.

Chicken therapy is the best, especially when it's used to deal with the loss of other chickens. I still have these beauties and hopefully will have a nice new blue wheaten cockbird come March. ^_^ 3 chocolates, 2 blacks, 1 blue, 1 splash, 1 blue wheaten, 1 wheaten, and 2 bielefelders.

I have looked close-up and the color in the neck is definitely blue. That is why I was asking if the blue color is allowed in the neck feathers. It's definitely not gold color.

That's what I wondered if there was such a thing as silver leakage. How do I know? I can wait and see if it's still there in several months. Is silver leakage bad for breeding my blues?

Back
Top Bottom