Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

D'aaawwwwww I love them!!!!!
they are beautiful! i really want to get into americanas. i wasn't interested at first because internet pictures had me not really liking their general shape, but when i accidently ended up with a brown americana i named Hawk i realized how adorable those extra face feather actually make them look. Hawk was one of several scraggly half bald hens i bought off a friend. Hawk had no feathers on her head. with a little TLC and weeks of cage isolation i now have one of the most flocks in the world and Hawk surprised me when her feathers grew in. she was missing head and tail feathers. the head feathers came in first so that when she was roosting the lack of a tail, and shortened appearance of the beak due to the extra face feathers gave her the more slanted appearance of a perching hawk,thus Hawk. she's my only amercana though she is not my only easter egger.

For your viewing pleasure here are a couple photos of large fowl "lavender silver" Ameraucana chicks that hatched overnight.
Are these first generation or are the parents lavender silver? They are beautiful chicks! Would love to see lavender silver adults!
1f60d.png

Are these first generation or are the parents lavender silver? They are beautiful chicks! Would love to see lavender silver adults!
1f60d.png
Yes. I created some bantam lavender silvers a few years ago and between dog problems and others they died out. I'm starting over on them also. I think I also started created the LF version at the same time, but can't remember what happened with that project...too many breeding projects and not enough written notes.

Here are photos of a bantam "lavender silver" Ameraucana from a couple years ago.

I had a nice photo of an adult bantam lavender silver Ameraucana pullet at a show, but can't find it.

Last edited:
Thank you FowlStuff I was wondering before I looked for any. Are they what you would consider a "flighty" breed?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom