Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

@saris they have little Jagget edges on their comb, the other two are red sex links

Last edited:
Has anyone had luck with raising two Ameraucana roos together since chicks and have them not fight as adults?

Has anyone had luck with raising two Ameraucana roos together since chicks and have them not fight as adults?

Absolutely... but in the end it depends on individual personality, amount of hens and space, and whether they establish a working relationship...

But yes, I have raised multiple males together in Am's and other breeds and kept 2 or 3 together without issues...

Ok, that's great to hear! I have 10 adult hens currently with one roo, but I have two young cockerels that were supposed to be girls and they are reeking havoc in the chicken yard. I have a batch of sixteen 6 weeks old chicks that has a couple males in it. I was going to do away with the other 3 roos and start with two that grew up together. 2 roos with about 24 hens should be ok

Ok, that's great to hear! I have 10 adult hens currently with one roo, but I have two young cockerels that were supposed to be girls and they are reeking havoc in the chicken yard. I have a batch of sixteen 6 weeks old chicks that has a couple males in it. I was going to do away with the other 3 roos and start with two that grew up together. 2 roos with about 24 hens should be ok

Put those juvenile delinquents in with the older hens and/or cockbird... don't let them harass the pullets their own age or younger, sets a competition type attitude going... older hens or cockbird will teach them manners and get them straightened out... may be some scuffles and such, just watch for it to escalate into serious injury, but usually it works out well... jmo...

The 2 young roos are in with the older cock and older hens, but there are 4 younger pullets that are also a part of the flock, and the 2 young roos are just non stop on the 4 pullets! I had to take the roos away and lock them outside the fence yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom