IMG_6234.JPG
IMG_6235.JPG
IMG_6236.JPG
IMG_6237.JPG
IMG_6238.JPG
IMG_6239.JPG
IMG_6235.JPG
IMG_6234.JPG
Any info on this will be appreciated. It was so to me as an ameraucana pullet but the person I bought it from hasn't been too trusting on what type and sex birds he sells. I've had her about 3 weeks I would guess she's between 8-12 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_6240.JPG
    IMG_6240.JPG
    416.5 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 1107797 View attachment 1107798 View attachment 1107799 View attachment 1107800 View attachment 1107801 View attachment 1107802 View attachment 1107798 View attachment 1107797 Any info on this will be appreciated. It was so to me as an ameraucana pullet but the person I bought it from hasn't been too trusting on what type and sex birds he sells. I've had her about 3 weeks I would guess she's between 8-12 weeks.
Looks like a Black Ameraucana pullet to me. She checks all the required boxes.

After reading about Ameraucanas vs. Easter Eggers I am still confused. When I purchased my 12 chicks, 4 of them were sold as Ameraucanas. I knew nothing about the breed when I got them. I chose 4 healthy chicks that were vastly different in coloring -- just because I like variety. It also helps keeping track of who is who, lol.

My birds are not quite 4 months old yet -- 2 hens and 2 roosters. They have just recently become hormonal. Pearl (yes he was supposed to be a hen, but I'm not changing his name) is very sexually active already, but seems to be at the lowest end of rooster pecking order (I also have a Rhode Island Red roo). The girls have not started egg laying yet, so I am unable to tell you if the eggs are blue, green or other.

I am hoping someone can tell me if I have a colorful mix of Ameraucana or what?
And what would their coloring be called?

I love all of them -- espcially Pearl, my lap buddy.

Lisa
My Ameraucanas.jpg

Yellowish legs which indicates yellow skin (Ameraucana have white), and non-standard colors.

Their legs are slate gray. I think the yellow cast is my camera (or the photographer).

I do agree that the color seems to be non-standard from the articles/photos I've seen, but would that really exclude them? I don't know anything about genetics, so don't know if breeding multiple colorations of Ameraucana to eachother produce another color type or multicolors.

Their legs are slate gray. I think the yellow cast is my camera (or the photographer).

I do agree that the color seems to be non-standard from the articles/photos I've seen, but would that really exclude them? I don't know anything about genetics, so don't know if breeding multiple colorations of Ameraucana to eachother produce another color type or multicolors.
You can see their yellow skin color underneath the slate wash. Another way to determine skin color is by looking at the beak. Yellow beak indicates yellow skin, white/bone colored beak indicates white skin. If they were Ameraucana, even mixed varieties, their legs would have white skin with slate wash, giving them a blueish look. And yes, any color that doesn't meet with the breed standard does not qualify them for the Ameraucana label. Breed is not entirely based on lineage. It's determined by whether or not a bird fits the breed standard, including coloring.

Back
Top Bottom