Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Finally got a couple of pics today.

Someone want to confirm my fears.

Sorry but only have my phone to work with right now.

This is my April 24th Hatch. Does she look a little rooish?

44123_1119100838_01.jpeg

44123_blue_am_and_fox_prestely_and_valentine_pullet.jpeg

44123_blue_am_and_fox_prestely_and_valentine_roos.jpeg

Quote:
I see some shiny feathers coming in and the body shape looks more roostery to me but please take some more and everyone will be able to tell better.

There's no doubt that's a cockerel.

Notice the dark coloration on specific areas? Shoulders, neck, back, . . . That's a cockerel.

Ok more horrible shots.

We have a storm coming in so I wanting to get what I could.

Was kind of funny, cause when I was trying to get the pics HE I guess, would run in a corner and the others would cover and protect him.

What a CHICKEN!

Right after a drink

44123_blue_head_shot.jpeg

44123_front_of_blue_with_others.jpeg

44123_front_veiw_of_blue.jpeg

Quote:
Yes it is.

He was the first one I ever hatched. I had 2 eggs, so had a iffy chance.

When I get some better picks I'd like some honest opinions of him and don't worry about hurting my feelings.

I actually picked up a black roo a while back from sunnydawn, because I just knew he was a pullet. It's only been about a week, since he just started looking different to me.

I have 3 chicks in a brooder, from pips&peeps lavs, so maybe I'll get a par at least out of them. One will be a cull, but if it's a pullet I can always use the eggs, so layer pen.

I am newly owned by some fabulous chickens, 4 of which are Ameracaunas. 2 Wheaten Pullets (from Gardners) and 2 Silver Pullets (from Pips&Peeps)....My Ameracaunas have SO MUCH personality, but it seems to differ in the two colors. My Silver girls are both very curious, inquisitive and love to talk, but they have taken much longer to become buddies with me. After 3 months, we are very good friends and they will come to me jump up on me and visit... My wheaten girls are very curious, but not quite so serious as the silvers and much quieter....So here is my question----Are the personalities different in this breed according to color or does it have more to do with bloodlines and how they are raised?

Back
Top Bottom