Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
Same here. I consider myself VERY lucky to get 3 chicks. But stoked with even one.

Yep, they are so addictively cute.
Shipped eggs are like lotto scratch offs; you never know how much the prize will be.
tongue.png

Quote:
Do you have any pictures of what your girls lay Illia?
smile.png

6055334950_bdab8353db.jpg

From top left to right - Buff Am egg, Wheaten Am egg, Cuckoo Ar egg, Duckwing Ar egg. White eggs on bottom.

Again, Wheaten egg on top right. Taken with flash both times.

6055333336_81357ee5a4.jpg

Not the bluest but surely the richest!
smile.png

Quote:
Or 1 & 2 depending on "the good side"

10 or 2 would be good. Steve is from Australia.
tongue.png

Well I ask because I'm having some issues with tail angles in my roosters. I don't know which one to choose. Like I have 3 black males to choose from but I don't know which to choose!

I don't think so... its suppose to be a 45*. I just assumed that was the LF standard as well.

Here is what the ABC has on their site..... my standard is MIA at the moment. God only knows where I put it!

TAIL: Well spread, medium length, carried at 45º above horizontal.
http://ameraucana.org/standard.html the link

I have some with low tails and some with high tails and one that I think is really good. But I'm not sure

In a couple of my more rare varieties I just have to work through it but my others that are hatching better ei. my Lavs and Blacks and Splits. I'm having a bit more luck.

I NEED TO POST PICS OF MY BROODY its too cute! I'll also try to get some of the boys in question.

Quote:
Or 1 & 2 depending on "the good side"

10 or 2 would be good. Steve is from Australia.
tongue.png

LOL Took me a while. I meant that at 7.5 minutes [or 52.5 minutes on the other side] the minute hand would standing at a 45 degree angle........................................ that is if my understanding of a 45* tail set is correct. [I've always assumed they mean a 45* angle up from horizontal to the ground.]

Back
Top Bottom