Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
She's a girl, but you sure she's an Ameraucana? Her leg color is right, but her plumage color is wrong. She's a gold duckwing w/dominant white, two things not found with Ameraucanas. Still, she's very pretty!
smile.png

No, I'm not sure. That's what they told me at feed and seed store. I think the chicks I got that day were from Ideal. I'm new to all of this and am learning many lessons. I'm delighted y'all at least think it's a girl! I didn't want to have to give away another roo. She's been doing a lot of "chest bumping". Thanks, y'all.

if i got from feed store its and easter egger

Quote:
Keep your boy and get rid of the others.

So I wouldn't be keeping ANY Wayne Meredith boys? From everything I've heard I thought they were supposed to have really good lines?
idunno.gif

Surprising and sad isn't it?! I was told to get rid of all three of my BW boys from Paul Smith
sad.png

And here is my pretty BW boy for comparison, he is almost 2 months younger;
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/61023_sam_1873.jpg

Just look at the difference in the development. You obviously have been doing something right. Why waste your time breeding to a bird that lacks in quality compared to what you already have. In my opinion you would be setting yourself back if you kept one of the others.

ETA: I'll take him if you don't want him.​

Last edited:
I agree get rid of those three males even if you want to diversify it won't do any good those three males will set you back and that last male looks great.

pips&peeps :

And here is my pretty BW boy for comparison, he is almost 2 months younger;
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/61023_sam_1873.jpg

Just look at the difference in the development. You obviously have been doing something right. Why waste your time breeding to a bird that lacks in quality compared to what you already have. In my opinion you would be setting yourself back if you kept one of the others.

ETA: I'll take him if you don't want him.​

We are definitely keeping Pretty Boy.

I guess the other 4 are goners.
hit.gif

I was hoping they just had some more growing out to do.

One thing is that they are HUGE compared to pretty boy. Like twice the size.

Quote:

ETA: I'll take him if you don't want him.

We are definitely keeping Pretty Boy.

I guess the other 4 are goners.
hit.gif

I was hoping they just had some more growing out to do.

One thing is that they are HUGE compared to pretty boy. Like twice the size.

if there bigger u night want keep one for size if ur birds seem to be small

Back
Top Bottom