Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
It would be much better to use a different roo. In cases like that I move them to the olive egger pen with my cull marans. You will probably get some bearded chicks, BUT you will always run the possibility of clean faced chicks from him and all of his offspring.

Dang
he.gif
You got one?

i have a question for you folks, is lavender an actual reconized color in your breed? o k,two questions,if it is does anyone know where i might get a trio of them around north central ky. thanks

Quote:
It would be much better to use a different roo. In cases like that I move them to the olive egger pen with my cull marans. You will probably get some bearded chicks, BUT you will always run the possibility of clean faced chicks from him and all of his offspring.

Dang
he.gif
You got one?

No extras- same thing happened to me- the roo was throwing clean faced chicks even though he was bearded. I was going to try and hit up Denise for some eggs
hide.gif

Quote:
I kept changing the angle of my computer screen when looking at these pics because his breast feathers almost look irridescent!
th.gif
His feathering is amazing.

I know! He is so shiny it almost looks laced. Are you giving them lots of sunflower or something? Whatever it is I need some!

YES! They are on a completely organic diet with lots of BOSS every morning. They all have beautiful feathers and are gorgeous! Thank you!

I have a roo, I thought I would get some opinions on. I think he is pretty, but I am a newbie to roos.
110752_083.jpg

110752_260.jpg

Last edited:
Very possible.... He was supposed to be a she. I just bought "her" so that I could add color to the egg basket. It was supposed to be full blood ameraucana, but I think they came from a hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom