Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

The w/bw eggs I bought from WMR are on their way! And one of the BW roo daddy's is Geoffrey's son.

They'll go into the bator on Wednesday for a Feb. 1st hatch. Can't wait...

I also have some pures from my coop that I'll add in (before my coop became rooless.)

I'm just upset with myself for trying to decrow my beautiful splash roo.(another one of Geoffrey's boys... and he died)

Hopefully I'll get at least one nice BW roo or perhaps a SW from my coop.

Quote:
All three are very, very nice!

I have a purebred Lavender chick from bargain in my brooder. Can't wait to see how it develops.

I set 40 Pen B lavenders today

53919_dsc_0629b.jpg

53919_dsc_0786.jpg

Last edited:
I put my Jumbo Roo in with some really nice Blacks so now I have two pens to make lav/lav splits (2 blacks with Jumbo and 1 black and 1 Lav in with Med) So far I have 1 egg (since I set the last batch of Lav/Lav splits) .... It came from med roo. I need to mark them... Now if they will all start to lay
th.gif
I could set 40.

droolin.gif

Last edited:
Did you ever weigh Jumbo? A fish scale and a recycle grocery bag (the canvas ones you reuse for each trip) work great if you're trying to figure out how to weigh him.

Thats what I use!!!

Your cockerel looks really good! I had a couple nice clean ones like him this year, but that was the only thing they had going for them and they are no longer "with us".

I hope the split male I hatched from you will produce some nice babies, I also ended up with one really nice split pullet too. Both would probably do well in show......

Quote:
Wow they are AWESOME! Look at the color on that roo. Even his feather texture looks incredible.

Thanks guys. Color & texture are two reasons he is being used. He's even been out in the sun and hasn't gotten brassy. Five fast feather females (I hope) from him so far this season. First eggs from Showgirl (courtesy Cloverleaf) went in today; her eggs are blue, the rest have some green to them. Showgirl's are the 10 on top.

53919_pen_b_eggs_2012.jpg

Good luck on those!
smile.png

Some nice looking Lavs lately.

But fyi as I'm sure you notice, blue as a background - Never great for showing blue eggs
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom