Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Are Lav Ams really late layers?? I hatched a couple last Feb and still no eggs yet. The BWAs that hatched last Easter started laying this month. If this is the norm, I really admire you all with the patience to raise them.

Are Lav Ams really late layers?? I hatched a couple last Feb and still no eggs yet. The BWAs that hatched last Easter started laying this month. If this is the norm, I really admire you all with the patience to raise them.

My lavs and splits start earlier than my wheatens. 6-8 months depending on when they hatched/ the seasons. My wheatens are the biggest slackers. I have to have twice as many birds to get the same amount of eggs, it seems. Waiting for somebody to hook me up with a productive bloodline.

Ok, Jerry help me out here. This is a wheaten cockerel hatched from some eggs I sold this past summer. There was no fence jumping involved. Can you tell me what genes are at work here? (dilute) I posted this over at the ABC also.

Last edited:
IMG_2707.JPG

Ok, Jerry help me out here. This is a wheaten cockerel hatched from some eggs I sold this past summer. There was no fence jumping involved. Can you tell me what genes are at work here? (dilute) I posted this over at the ABC also.

Geoffrey produced one clean faced roo that looked just like this.... over one of pasofinofarms hens and she got her stock from Paul Smith.

BTW... I think he is BEAUTIFUL!... I think it would be awesome to produce a line of Golden Duckwing Ameraucanas!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom