Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

pop.gif
I hope you have a great hatch.

Well I have 1 new lavender split baby! Too CUTE those checks are so sweet on the little bitty ones! I was looking at my first hatch of Lav/Lav Splits and they are getting some nice checks too. They didn't seem to show as much when they were little. My one Lav Pullet from that hatch is ALL WHITE with blue legs, odd looking but pretty.

Amy your 2 pullets are getting old enough to go to the breeding pens soon. Then I can start hatching Lavs only from that pen and just have Lavs and Lav Splits in the others. Your little roo is coming along nicely too. He will get his little flock pretty soon too. He already has an older pullet with him.

Well we found out we've been WAAAAAAYYY undercharging for our project lavender ameraucanas.
Apparently the chicks "sell well" at $15 a pop!
And $50 a dozen for eggs from an unimproved flock that's kept in a tiny box!
You don't even need to know or care anything about ameraucanas to sell them for that price! Amazing!

Last edited:

I would imagine that you would need to know something to sell for those prices....if you didn't know anything about the birds you were selling, why would anyone buy them from you?

Luanne, I blame this on you...

I've been trying to break her for almost 3 weeks, I've given up.
th.gif

She's sitting on ceramic eggs right now, I've got Platinum/Dun Sumatra eggs in the incubator that I plan on giving her a few days before they go into lockdown. BTW, her beard is typically a lot fuller, the other girls started to pick at her though because she was monopolizing one of the nesting boxes in the big coop.

Luanne, I blame this on you...

I've been trying to break her for almost 3 weeks, I've given up.
th.gif

She's sitting on ceramic eggs right now, I've got Platinum/Dun Sumatra eggs in the incubator that I plan on giving her a few days before they go into lockdown. BTW, her beard is typically a lot fuller, the other girls started to pick at her though because she was monopolizing one of the nesting boxes in the big coop.

PLEASE give that girls some chicks. She looks like she's about to go prehistoric on you.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom