Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

love.gif
Crazy cute!!!
love.gif

love.gif
love.gif

Ahhhhhhh......now I see!!!

Hi there, I am brand spanking new to chickens. I got four Ameraucana chicks a week ago, the chicks are nine days old now. I answered a Craigslist ad by a local man who bought hatching eggs from two local breeders, incubated them, and sold them as straight run. He was quite adamant that they are true Ameraucanas, and made sure I knew there was a difference between these and easter eggers. So far so good, the babies are lively and a ton of fun, I've been busy building their coop so it's ready when they go outside. My question is, what colors will they be? Can you tell from this age? One is obviously white, but I'm not confident on ID'ing the others.

Hi there, I am brand spanking new to chickens. I got four Ameraucana chicks a week ago, the chicks are nine days old now. I answered a Craigslist ad by a local man who bought hatching eggs from two local breeders, incubated them, and sold them as straight run. He was quite adamant that they are true Ameraucanas, and made sure I knew there was a difference between these and easter eggers. So far so good, the babies are lively and a ton of fun, I've been busy building their coop so it's ready when they go outside. My question is, what colors will they be? Can you tell from this age? One is obviously white, but I'm not confident on ID'ing the others.

He may have been adamant, but he was still wrong. Probably because the people he bought his stock from told him the same thing. There's no way to know what colors they will turn out to be at this age, they'll be all sorts of pretty though. ;)

You have 4 easter eggers. If you do a google image search, you can figure out from the feather pattern, what colors they will be. It looks like you have a few girls there too. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom