Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

It's been ages since I've been on BYC but here is a little project lavender wheaten eye candy. As some of you know I have been working on Lavender Wheatens since the spring of 2009. I know have a breeding trio growing out...so no eggs until next year. It has been a long road but they are looking REALLY nice! ENJOY!

fluffer butts...you can see the lavender in her tail a little better here. She is about 3 months old.

and a early spring picture of my roo because he was being a brat and would hold still today!

Last edited:
Buff is an official color that is in the SOP. Partridge and Lavender a project colors. Splash is part of the Black/Blue/Splash genetics. Anything else you would like to add...........

That's what I understood; here is a link that I used to determine which Ameraucanas I would allow in the game: http://www.ameraucana.org/standard.html
"Black, Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Buff, Silver, Wheaten & White" -
No partridge (so I don't actually know what color ameraucanas I have - they are probably EEs of some kind.

Scott
Creater of My Backyard Chicken - a Facebook game about raising chickens
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2005139542/my-backyard-chicken

It's been ages since I've been on BYC but here is a little project lavender wheaten eye candy. As some of you know I have been working on Lavender Wheatens since the spring of 2009. I know have a breeding trio growing out...so no eggs until next year. It has been a long road but they are looking REALLY nice! ENJOY!

fluffer butts...you can see the lavender in her tail a little better here. She is about 3 months old.

and a early spring picture of my roo because he was being a brat and would hold still today!
love.gif
Way to go Karen! I have a project under way and will be taking the long road like you. Glad to see you have finally gotten the results you were going for after all this time!

Beautiful, I love how the whole chicken is diluted.

Good luck with the development of this game. You could go on ameraucana.org and find a few pics to use. They have all the standard colors like buff, red brown, silver, black, blue, white, wheaten and blue wheaten, in both bantam and large fowl, listed so you could draw your creations from those.
You cannot take the pictures from the ABC site and use them. They were given to the Club with permission.

My buffs are on there and I do not give anyone else permission to use the pics.

Back
Top Bottom