Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

My fiance built it for me in one of our empty horse stalls :) Now he just has to make an outside area for them to free range during the day.

Now, my preggo brain just isnt understanding your comment LOL
So do you mean becuase they are two different "variations" that makes them EEs? Or is it becuase of their mixed colors on each bird?
Because they are mixed colors on each bird, and not 'recognized' colors. But they are very pretty too. I really like the light colored one.

aoxa~~~Uhmmmm when they lay they lay
lau.gif

Last edited:
Because they are mixed colors on each bird, and not 'recognized' colors.  But they are very pretty too. I really like the light colored one.

I hope the light one a gal, I like it too!

Thanks for elaborating, sometimes my preggo brain fog makes me feel kinda dumb lol

I would cross your birds and pick out the onces that are laced and go from there. You will have to hatch lots of chicks. The comb is going to be hard to get rid of. The cockerel I lost was a single comb bird too; which is easier to get rid of...... :(

Did you ever figure out anything on the BLRW? I have a straight combed pullet I could use.... she may even be black....I need to look

My purebred White Ameraucana roo died when it flew of the roost this morning.... it hit the floor and then just started flopping around and died. I've never lost one like that before.... He looked healthy as can be and was crowing like crazy yesterday.

Anyone ever loose one like this?

I have eggs in the bator getting ready to hatch and was wondering what to expect from the mating of white Ameraucana hens with a blue or black roo over them? There is a dominant gene factor I am sure but I was just getting anxious about their emergence and the colors they will turn out.

I have eggs in the bator getting ready to hatch and was wondering what to expect from the mating of white Ameraucana hens with a blue or black roo over them? There is a dominant gene factor I am sure but I was just getting anxious about their emergence and the colors they will turn out.
You'll get some pretty Easter Eggers... be certain to post pics of what you get.

Oh oh I am so excited!!! Hatch day was today, and it hatched before I left for work!, I have one pretty little blue Ameraucana chick, my first home laied home hatched baby! yay! one more on its way later this afternoon
wee.gif
i will post pictures later :)

You'll get some pretty Easter Eggers... be certain to post pics of what you get.
Not necessarily; it all depends on what is under the white.

I mated my white pullets to a blue cockerel this winter to see if I got rid of the barring gene (I did!) and I got blue, black, and splash offspring. These birds when bred together will breed true at least 50% of the time.

But with your birds it could be different. The white gene in ameraucanas is supposed to be recessive white not all lines follow this though.

Back
Top Bottom