Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

ok, so I went and got these two Ameraucanas from a breeder friend of mine.  She doesn't breed Ameraucanas so she ordered some hatching eggs from another breeder.  She ordered Wheaten eggs.  She obviously didn't get Wheaten chicks. (They should have been light yellowish chicks, right)  Anyway, I wondered if any of you could tell me what these are.  They looked more like Silvers.  They are 1 week old.

This is Sky

Amy

Amy from the front

Sky again.  She has some slight yellow coloring on her head.  
Any comments?  And, I am not breeding these girls....just want them for the blue eggs!

SO, I've been looking at photos of Silver Ameraucanas and that is what mine look like. They have the brown down their backs. Why do you think they are not Ameraucanas? I know they aren't Wheaten chicks which was what we ordered. But I do think they are Silver.

SO, I've been looking at photos of Silver Ameraucanas and that is what mine look like. They have the brown down their backs. Why do you think they are not Ameraucanas? I know they aren't Wheaten chicks which was what we ordered. But I do think they are Silver.

I am not trying to be a debbie downer for you, your chicks look like other EE chicks we have seen. Some people get scammed, I was too in the beginning. I would be surprised if they are Silvers. I do not breed Silvers, so...................

Got the camera out to the pens today, but the new birds are really leery of me with a camera in my hand. These are Paul Smith birds and make my other Ameraucanas look like pigeons. The black cockerel has finally taken charge of the girls and I'm looking to start collecting hatching eggs in the next week or so. I also have two lavender split pullets that didn't make the photo shoot.

slw_amerck085.jpg

slw_amerck086.jpg

slw_amerck088.jpg

slw_amerck089.jpg

Last edited:
Got the camera out to the pens today, but the new birds are really leery of me with a camera in my hand. These are Paul Smith birds and make my other Ameraucanas look like pigeons. The black cockerel has finally taken charge of the girls and I'm looking to start collecting hatching eggs in the next week or so. I also have two lavender split pullets that didn't make the photo shoot.
yuckyuck.gif
lol... cute birds!
My John Blehm blacks are growing up. Only a couple months old and the cockerels are very nice size already!

Back
Top Bottom