AmeraucanaXLangshans

aestus_lux

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 6, 2009
Needmore, PA
I have a hen I got free from the breeder, she's a very nice dark blue, so came from their Ameraucana stock, but lacks muffs and beard, and is shaped wrong, wider then an ameraucana. I'm assuming she'll lay green eggs, but I was wondering if I threw her in with my langshans, could I use her to introduce blue?

I dont think that would be a good idea - at all.

There are already blue langshans bred - and your girl probably does not fit the requirements of a good or decent langshan - feathered feet, tall stature, body shape, ect. Plus, she may carry the blue egg gene.

Just invest in some blue langshan hatching eggs or chicks.

Quote:
- forgot, this is my opinion - it would take a long time for breedings from her, with more stock, to get to the point you want it most likely
smile.png

well, green eggs are fine, i plan on breeding some EE layers from my ameraucanas, i sell at farmers markets, so i'd like blue and green, i wouldn't really be doing it to create pure blue langshans, just pretty birds to run around with my mixed flock or to take to auction i just didnt know how the blue color would take in the cross

Well, in that case, you cant go wrong with langshans! They are beautiful birds and have a great temperment.

I'm not sure how the blue would take, though - I guess the only way to see is to experiement.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom