American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Pics
Oh my goodness how precious. Congrats to you and Boris
smile.png
your geese are truly precious. ...I Love the colors on them... so elegant. :)

I was wondering if when you would cross a lav. male with a brown female what would be the possbilities of the goslings colour be when their feathers appear?!
I bought Blue's and Lavender's from Holderread's last year and I asked about the color genetics. This is what I was told:

Blue x Blue → mostly Blue, Some Lav, occasional Gray/Saddleback
Lav x Lav → Lavenders, rarely Lavender Saddleback
Blue x Lav → 1/2 each normally, occasional Saddleback
Blue ♂ x Buff ♀ → usually Blues, occasional Grays
Buff ♂ x Blue ♀ → males are mostly Blue and occasional Gray; females are either Buff or Cream

Here you can see (l to r) lavender american, blue american, embden, lavender american, embden, and blue american (I think is a grey).
your geese are so so beautiful I l I st my Buff female Blanche last summer. My male Dominic needs a new friend. ...I by no means can take her place. However I'm Having a very difficult time finding a buff period much less a female. Again kudos on your babies so beautiful.

My blue female from Holderreads is so dark that I would call her gray. I was told that there is a lot of variation in the color blue and breeding her to blue would be fine. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? You can see them in the photo in post #369. The female is on the right with wings spread and the male is on the left.

Back
Top Bottom