American Goldfinch acting weird.

lightchick

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Minnesota
OK so like a couple days ago a goldfinch was hanging around our house and now he's constantly trying g to get into the house. He'll come up to a window a perch on the windowsill and peck and push on the glass trying to get in. He has a mate that just sits in the trees near by. Could he have been someones pet before or something. He almost landed on my hand. Is there a reason he's acting like this?

It's very possible that he was raised by people and is used to them. If he has mate I would just do your best to kept him from getting in the house. Could also be he is just a little wacky in the head!

Hi all

I think it may be natural goldfinch behaviour. I saw one just this week at work. The goldfinch flew up to the boardroom window during a meeting and stayed perched on window ledges looking in for the whole meeting. It moved around to different windows during the meeting but really looked like it would like to come inside. Very distracting to our presenter at the meeting, because we were more interested in the bird.:/

He is trying to get in almost constantly! I opened a window for him and he came in for a second and then flew back out. I haven't seen his mate, but some of my family say they saw her.
I think he might be a little wacky! I feel bad for him, because he wants to get in all the time!

He is trying to get in almost constantly! I opened a window for him and he came in for a second and then flew back out. I haven't seen his mate, but some of my family say they saw her.
I think he might be a little wacky! I feel bad for him, because he wants to get in all the time!
He probably doesn't actually want in your house, although it may seem like he does. He probably sees his reflection in the glass, and is attacking it, thinking it is another bird. Can you black out the window, so he can't see himself anymore?

Back
Top Bottom