Angel wing in call ducks

Kalileigh09

Chirping
Dec 14, 2023
I have four baby call ducks they are about 1 month old now. One looks like it’s starting to get angel wing. They have only been on duck food and have only had duck eggs as a treat. Should I add something else to their diet and should I wrap it.
I’m attaching a pic sorry he’s wet they were swimming in the tub when I noticed.

Attachments

• IMG_4345.jpeg
    IMG_4345.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4346.jpeg
    IMG_4346.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 6
Those look like Black Swedish calls! Last spring I had my first Black Swedish (full size) and they were my first ducks that ever developed angel wing. After researching here last spring I wondered if this breed is more prone to angel wing. I added more of the adult food to their diet, trying to lessen the protein, and put them in a stretchy sock for a week or two to keep their wings in proper position. They went on to develop perfectly normal wings.

Attachments

• 20230512_140821.jpg
    20230512_140821.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230513_090301.jpg
    20230513_090301.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 6
Those look like Black Swedish calls! Last spring I had my first Black Swedish (full size) and they were my first ducks that ever developed angel wing. After researching here last spring I wondered if this breed is more prone to angel wing. I added more of the adult food to their diet, trying to lessen the protein, and put them in a stretchy sock for a week or two to keep their wings in proper position. They went on to develop perfectly normal wings.
How cute I’ll try the socks he was too tiny and got out of the pantyhose quickly lol
I think two are blue Swedish one is chocolate and one is black but I’m not sure they were in a dozen mixed call duck eggs and I’m not good at telling

Back
Top Bottom