Antique poultry brooder?

Zenbirder

Songster
12 Years
May 3, 2007
New Mexico
I hope someone can recognize this antique I bought at a consignment house yesterday. I can not seem to find out anything on the web, but I suspect I am using the wrong words to search. It was tagged as a poultry brooder. It is one piece molded glass, approx. 7 inches wide and 9 inches to the top of the metal tip, the top is screw-on. The wording on the top says "Do not fill above this line" There is a symbol on the base with a diamond inside an oval, a larger number three and a smaller number zero. Any help is appreciated!

916179.jpg

Thanks so much Verthandi! It does appear that it is just an old kerosene bottle and has nothing particular to do with chickens. I am still glad I bought it, it was only $6. Much appreciated info.

Quote:
Well in days gone by,some farm families kept chicks, piglets, kittens and even premature babies warm behind the kitchen cookstove. So in a way that bottle could have been part of a poultry brooder. It's an interesting find and I am sure it will cause folks to ask what it is.

I'm thinking that if it had anything to do with a brooder it is a brooder warmer. and there is supposed to be a wick coming out that top piece. jsut sets there and burns like a candle or is missing the globe. you might try a little bit searching along that line but would not go at it like it is a certainty.

Back
Top Bottom