Any fellow rock hunters?

Pics

LilFinnGirl

Songster
May 3, 2024
Upper Peninsula, MI
Would love to see your prized finds!
I live close to Lake Superior so mostly hunt for Lake Superior Agates.
IMG_1759.jpeg

IMG_0227.jpeg

IMG_3029.jpeg

Fiery phoenix chicken agate :p

I also collect any fossils I can find, and have piles upon piles of “cool” rocks that aren’t valuable to anyone but me.

Attachments

• IMG_3029.jpeg
    IMG_3029.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 4
I love rocks, lol. Lots of people think it's silly. I have rocks from places I've been or even unique shape and textures.
My rocks have no value to anyone else but myself. :)
My 3 boys, now young men, loved to rock hunt with me to find the "pretty" ones. :) It made some nice memories too.

Those are amazing :love I love to look for rocks, but I’m very new to it. I hear there are some great rock hunting areas in our state. Another hobby I have is arrowhead hunting, which I’m fairly experienced in. Similar to rock hunting, I suppose. We recently went to Moab and I found a spear tip.
IMG_3177.jpeg

We were also lucky enough to find this amethyst while smoothing out the ground at our shop not too long ago.
IMG_3592.jpeg

I love rocks, lol. Lots of people think it's silly. I have rocks from places I've been or even unique shape and textures.
My rocks have no value to anyone else but myself. :)
My 3 boys, now young men, loved to rock hunt with me to find the "pretty" ones. :) It made some nice memories too.
Do you have any photos of some of your favorites?

I love the good memories made with family! I don’t have any kids of my own (yet) but some of my favorite early memories are rock hunting on the beach with my mom. We still go out together. 🥰

Those are amazing :love I love to look for rocks, but I’m very new to it. I hear there are some great rock hunting areas in our state. Another hobby I have is arrowhead hunting, which I’m fairly experienced in. Similar to rock hunting, I suppose. We recently went to Moab and I found a spear tip.View attachment 3839212
We were also lucky enough to find this amethyst while smoothing out the ground at our shop not too long ago.View attachment 3839216
Those are AMAZING! That white quartz spear tip is a once in a lifetime sort of find. I know we have arrowheads in my area but I have never found one.
Beautiful!

Those are AMAZING! That white quartz spear tip is a once in a lifetime sort of find. I know we have arrowheads in my area but I have never found one.
Beautiful!
I bet you will find one if you keep at it! Very awe inspiring to hold a piece of history. It’s amazing to me that such tools have lasted so long. Our family is huge into arrowhead hunting. The wide open spaces of Wyoming must’ve been a great place to hunt, because we’ve found quite a few here!

Back
Top Bottom