Any Gamers Here?

Pics
As I mentioned before, I am a fan of old PC games made by the company Hamumu. This game is called Loonyland 2 collectors edition.

I actually just finished the game. The final boss turned out to be a two dimensional being called the happy stick bird. It was just an m shaped line.

For reference, happy stick is a recurring theme in these games made by this company. They are all two dimensional beings that look like stick figures. However, they are very powerful. If I recall correctly, there is a happy stick man, the happy stick spider, the happy stick witch, the happy stick bird, and the happy stick boy.

These games are my childhood.
Seems fun

Gamer adjacent. Working on spiffing up my office space and plan to put some floating shelves up around my battlestation for geeky displays. Printed these stands for old video cards. I had to slice them into 2 parts to fit my printer bed so I'm not super thrilled with the joints, I need to do some sanding/filling/painting on them but they turned out ok and I think will be a neat little visual distraction.

20240131_093102.jpg

Gamer adjacent. Working on spiffing up my office space and plan to put some floating shelves up around my battlestation for geeky displays. Printed these stands for old video cards. I had to slice them into 2 parts to fit my printer bed so I'm not super thrilled with the joints, I need to do some sanding/filling/painting on them but they turned out ok and I think will be a neat little visual distraction.

View attachment 3737635
I love them! I have lots of nerdy/gamer easter eggs tucked all over our house, so these are right up my alley! 👏

When I got my Switch last year I picked up a game called “Green Hell” for $2 but barely played it. Tonight I got it for the PS5. Huge jump in graphics and framerate.

IMG_8251.jpeg

Switch

IMG_8252.jpeg

PS5

IMG_8249.jpeg

Switch

IMG_8250.jpeg

PS5

I note that the Switch screen captures are generous. Seems like the software cleans them up somehow. The game in motion on the TV screen looks worse than the capture.

Here’s some additional PS5 screenshots:
IMG_8254.jpeg
IMG_8253.jpeg
IMG_8256.jpeg

When I got my Switch last year I picked up a game called “Green Hell” for $2 but barely played it. Tonight I got it for the PS5. Huge jump in graphics and framerate.

View attachment 3741449
Switch

View attachment 3741450
PS5

View attachment 3741451
Switch

View attachment 3741452
PS5

I note that the Switch screen captures are generous. Seems like the software cleans them up somehow. The game in motion on the TV screen looks worse than the capture.

Here’s some additional PS5 screenshots:
View attachment 3741453View attachment 3741454View attachment 3741455
Crazy difference. I also have both a Switch and PS5. I've definitely learned to keep it to cartoony games for the Switch (or Nintendo titles, obviously). I love Nintendo, but their hardware infuriates me to no end. Your game looks pretty sweet!

Crazy difference. I also have both a Switch and PS5. I've definitely learned to keep it to cartoony games for the Switch (or Nintendo titles, obviously). I love Nintendo, but their hardware infuriates me to no end. Your game looks pretty sweet!
I feel the same. I love Nintendo. I just hate how the last several console generations they’ve been content to keep the gfx capabilities of the systems a couple steps behinds the competition. I’d pay premium for a Nintendo system that’s top-of-the-line in terms of gfx capabilities.

The game Green Hell seems neat for the little time I’ve put into it. Its nothing but a survival game set in the Amazon. There is a VR version for the PS VR2 that I bet is awesome. A lot of the gameplay is intuitive for myself as a woodsman.

Hogwarts on switch for the most part looked great. Until I got to hogsmeade. You have to load at EVERY SINGLE SHOP. Hogwarts was relatively seamless tho.

Back
Top Bottom