Any Home Bakers Here?

I remember when a can of frosting was 24 servings. Now it’s 12. Too much sugar! :th

I read something about canned frosting the other day. They suggested using a mixer to whip the frosting to get more volume. Might be something to try if you want to get more out of a can.

A pint of Haagen-Dazs used to be 16 oz. Now it's 14oz. Like the "five pound" bag of sugar.

I remember noticing this a few years ago when they kept telling up that "inflation remains low." Say it loud, say it often, say it on the evening news, and people will believe it...?
If it is only 14 oz. it cannot legally be labelled a pint.

If it is only 14 oz. it cannot legally be labelled a pint.
True... I don't know if they were labeled as pints. But back when they were, we called them pints, and the name still sticks. I don't think half gallon containers are that big anymore either, but we still refer to them as that size. :confused:

Makes me think of when Prince changed his name to that symbol thingie and people called him The Artist Formerly Known As Prince. :gig

I read something about canned frosting the other day. They suggested using a mixer to whip the frosting to get more volume. Might be something to try if you want to get more out of a can.
More?! I’m saying it still does a whole 13x9 or two round cakes, but they changed the serving size. One can is still too much.

I never experienced that amount of snow by your age. But then I lived in So. Cal about 12 miles from the beach until I graduated college and moved to Vermont ;)

2 feet is a lot of snow. We rarely get that much in a single storm though there was one maybe 12 years ago where we had 28+ inches in 24 hours. That was a lot of shoveling.

When I lived in Kentucky during the 1970s, we had 22 to 26 inches of snow. My husband shoveled two tracks in the driveway. When I got home I drove into the garage and did not leave my house for several days. The county I lived in did not have any snow removal equipment and said they weren't going to buy any. We had big snow drifts.

Hmmm, here one plastic can doesn't really do it for a 2 layer cake and I don't think we put it on all that thick. The serving size really means nothing, it is just a way to get "nutrition" info listed by "serving".
it's all about how much you put on the cake. 1 can will cover 2 layers, but if you want to pipe a border, you need to open another can

Back
Top Bottom