Any Home Bakers Here?

After further review, I have concluded through my storm glass experiment that when you place the storm glass in the right spot, it is accurate.

Today, it predicted a snowstorm that was NOT in the weather forecast.

IMG_2426.jpeg

C7DEFDF0-416A-43CD-9D58-B902DFDC1890.jpeg
BE42D1F3-BB51-4000-860E-AFE455EE7458.jpeg

CREAM OF WHEAT COOKIES
These cookies bake at 325 Deg F or 160 Deg C. for 15-20 mins until light brown. These are great with a hot cup of chocolate or cold milk. You can also add raisins or nuts to this if you like.

2 oz soft butter
1 large egg or 2 tbsp yogurt
3/4 cup icing sugar
3/4 cup semolina / farina / sooji / cream of wheat
1 cup self rising flour
1 tsp almond essence / extract
1/4 tsp lemon extract - you can add up to 1/2 tsp for a stronger taste
raisins and nuts - optional
2 tbsp. icing sugar extra

My Changes:

I doubled the recipe decided it needed more, so added eggs till 4 and decided to add plain yogurt till dough a better consistency. I used only lemon extract, some cinnamon powder, I placed an almond in the center of each cookie. I used green food colouring because I am made these for works’s Pot Luck for St. Patrick’s Day ☘️

Photo with and without Powdered Sugar on top

View attachment 3771110View attachment 3771111
CREAM OF WHEAT COOKIES
These cookies bake at 325 Deg F or 160 Deg C. for 15-20 mins until light brown. These are great with a hot cup of chocolate or cold milk. You can also add raisins or nuts to this if you like.

2 oz soft butter
1 large egg or 2 tbsp yogurt
3/4 cup icing sugar
3/4 cup semolina / farina / sooji / cream of wheat
1 cup self rising flour
1 tsp almond essence / extract
1/4 tsp lemon extract - you can add up to 1/2 tsp for a stronger taste
raisins and nuts - optional
2 tbsp. icing sugar extra

My Changes:

I doubled the recipe decided it needed more, so added eggs till 4 and decided to add plain yogurt till dough a better consistency. I used only lemon extract, some cinnamon powder, I placed an almond in the center of each cookie. I used green food colouring because I am made these for works’s Pot Luck for St. Patrick’s Day ☘️

Photo with and without Powdered Sugar on top
Nice!

The are the perfect color for St. Patrick's Day too

For the past year I've been learning how to bake yeast breads here at home. It's been challenging and rewarding (when it all comes together right, lol).

Today for the 1st time I made up a Boule recipe and ran into a snag. Is there anyone here that's familiar with yeast breads? Since I'm here several times a day reading about chickens, it would be great to chat with others that also bake.
===================================================
Updated 07-18-21: To find all the great recipes posted in this thread, click on one of the links below to go to a Google spreadsheet (then use the links in the spreadsheet to locate each recipe):

Baker Thread Index

Bread, Rolls, Pizza bases, starters

Cookies and Bars

Dinners and Vegetables

Desserts

Snacks, Sweets

Misc and Everything Else

Hints, Tips and How-to's
Yesses!!! I love baking, cooking and canning!!!!

Hi, I do not do any baking but my wife does. She is a good baker and I have the tummy to prove it. LOL.

Here is a link to her recipe page on her website and she has a recipe for home made bread. Hope the link works.

http://www.amishechos.com/Recipes.html

Good luck!
The link didn't work for me. Do you know the name of the website?!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom