Any Home Bakers Here?

At 8x8, you are making the best use of dimensional lumber. Good. Fewer cuts, less waste.

I have a 50-50 mixed feeling about the space under the coop. (My coop is raised too, as it's on a trailer.) I really like the idea of them having a shady spot under there for the summer, and to have additional space. I really don't like the idea of ever having to get a bird out from under there if she decides to brood, lay, or hide.

Since mine is on a trailer, it's less high than what would be easy for me to crawl under, so I opted to not allow them that space. The idea of crawling through bedding and chicken poop is...:sick

Has this week been going by slowly for anyone else? Everyone I've talked to says it has.
No, it has flown by, so much to do, so little time 😬 only 14 days til the operation, but we are driving to parents-in-law 2 days before, I have to get everything ready for the time I will be away (5 weeks) trying to get everything washed ( even the stuff you only wash once a year) cos after the operation,I won’t be able to do a lot for the next 6 months, even after rehabilitation , preparing the garden, ordering dog food and getting someone to look after her while my hubby is away an a business trip, hubby is also away on the weekends looking after his elderly parents, tax return almost, but not yet done , today I also fixed some netting in 2 windows cos mosquitos are plenty, time is flying by 🤪

IMG_3055.jpeg

I set up my black bear hunting trail camera in the brooder to help keep an eye on the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom