Any ideas with goose eggs?

GraceAndHopeFarm

Chirping
Apr 25, 2024
Tennessee
I love goose eggs for omelets. Recently, we made “Deviled Goose Eggs” for Easter. They were HUGE and awesome. There’s a picture below. We WERE NOT trying to be pretty :) … mostly just trying to see what they’d do and how they would taste. I find that goose eggs are richer than chicken eggs.

Looking for other ideas. Most people seem intimidated by the eggs so they are hard to give away. We have considered just taking them out for the chickens. If I break them, they will eat the entire egg including the shell.

IMG_1072.jpeg

They are excellent for baking when it comes to stronger flavors, like chocolate cake or brownies or spiced cakes. The whites are amazing for angel food cake. I’ve also used goose eggs to make lemon curd. I make banana pancakes with them quite often:
1 goose egg
3 bananas, mashed
Cinnamon to taste
Flour as needed

Mix the egg, bananas, and cinnamon together. Mix in just enough flour to make the mixture pancake consistency. Cook as you normally would pancakes in a buttered skillet over medium heat.

Never thought about Angel food cake. OK… we will give that a try. Might also try the lemon curd.

I have about 20 of the goose eggs in the refrigerator that need to get used.

Back
Top Bottom