Any of these guys big enough to join the flock?

Mar 10, 2024
Like the post says, are these guys ready to join the flock? I made sure to catch the adults in the background for size comparison. I’m thinking chicky and nuggy are ready, and the cinnamon queens are almost ready…

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpeg
    IMG_0613.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 20
I'd say yes. Of course keep a eye on them. When I brought my babies to my one hen I had left (9yrs old) she quickly established domince. She eats first or they get a peck in the back. It wasn't long before they were snuggled with her at night and she purred to them. She still eats first but that's the pecking order. If you feel your hens/roos are being excessively aggressive and pecking in the head or pinning to the Ground then I'd wait a couple more weeks so they won't be killed. You keep a eye on the behavior and follow your instincts. You will know excessive aggressive behavior if you see it. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

I'd say yes. Of course keep an eye on them. When I brought my babies to my one hen I had left (9yrs old) she quickly established domince. She eats first or they get a peck in the back. It wasn't long before they were snuggled with her at night and she purred to them. She still eats first but that's the pecking order. If you feel your hens/roos are being excessively aggressive and pecking in the head or pinning to the Ground then I'd wait a couple more weeks so they won't be killed. You keep an eye on the behavior and follow your instincts. You will know excessive aggressive behavior if you see it. Hope this helps. Best wishes.
Most of them are as big if not bigger than my smallest adult hen, Clucky, who is regrettably mia at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom