any one from califonia?

Inland Empire here.

Amazing how many California threads there are now....
tongue.png

Bubba

I love my 'lorps! I always have one in the flock, if not a couple. Molly is my current Black Australorp and she's a talkative and personable gal. My flock is VERY mixed, with about sixty hens, pullets and chicks (and a few cockerels which will have to leave, because I can only keep two roosters). Plus four turkeys, 20-some Cayuga ducks, and five geese.

Everybody ranges freely together on two-thirds of an acre.

Last edited:
do you know the regulations or the town ordinance. for owning chickens in your area.I found some info for homes in city limits but my home is just outside city limits so I don't know what a laws to abide by.in town only 12 chickens allowed .No roo

Most city in Los Angeles County are allowed to have at least 20 chickens but No ROO and I know there is a couple of city in LA County that doesn't allowed or doesn't permit you to have or to raise even a single chicken and one of that city is Beverly Hills, I'm not sure about the other one.Check your City Ordinance online about raising a backyard pets. Good luck

that is nice to know . I live in the Central Valley and I have searched around for towns that did not allow chicken ,and from Stockton tumor said I have not found one .it seems like California is a pretty from the state when it comes to chickens .the least amount of chickens allowed in large cities like Stockton is two chickens . compare to a city like Oakdale has unlimited amount of chickens and some people have horses in the backyard .

Back
Top Bottom