Anyone ever use Veteracyn?

KristenRae

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 7, 2011
NE Wisconsin
I have a 3 week old chick with a swollen, mysterious bump on its foot and was thinking of apply this stuff as it is an all purpose anti-microbial. Anyone else use this with their flock?

I have used this products on my chickens for the odd pecking issues. Have also used it on myself and family for cuts etc, altho' it is not labeled for human use.... It works very well! Not sure about your situation, but I can't see that it would hurt so worth a try IMO.

I use Veteriacyn alot. Works wonders. And if you want a free bottle of it all you have to do is take a pic of the wound before it is all healed up and then take a pic of it after, go on to their web site and post the pics and tell them what you did. I did this when I had a cat that had been attacked by something, he had a huge gash on his leg that was about the size of a half dollar coin. I took pics and sent a message to them, they sent me a full size bottle of Veteriacyn. So give it a try. I also used it to save one of my baby roo's this spring who hatched out too soon (well he had help from one of my 4yr olds). Yolk wasn't totally in belly yet and I sprayed it on for a day.. By the end of the day his belly was totally closed (his name is Lucky). He is now a perfectly robust young roo.
Mollie

Thank you all for replying to my post. I wanted to add an update. I used the Veteracin on his foot, twice a day, and within 48 hours he was walking normally. Maybe whatever was wrong with his foot, righted itself. Or maybe it was the medicine. Either way, he's good to go now!

Back
Top Bottom