Anyone have young/laying Silkies and/or Polish? (Indiana)

Kristee

Songster
6 Years
Jan 4, 2018
Indiana
Hi! I've been looking for a Silkie and a Polish, but it's been really hard to find them (probably because everyone's into chickens during this weird time). Does anyone nearby have any? Alternatively, does anyone know where to find some? I've been checking Craigslist and chicken groups on Facebook every day with no luck. Willing to drive for the right cuties.

Long story short, I'd like to surprise my grandpa by his birthday in August. He used to have a bunch of chickens as pets many years ago. I introduced him to Silkies and Polish through pictures recently, and he fell in love! He doesn't really have any pets to keep him company, but I know he adores chickens. Thanks for reading! :)

Not sure what part of Indiana you are located. I'm in Chicago area. I also don't have any chickens available, but may be able to direct you to some possibilities.
These would be most-likely Silkies. You would have to contact them if available.
These are Live Poultry Stores in Chicago. Not sure if they would have hens, or cockerels. I have purchased hens from both of these establishments in past years. Took the chickens home live in a cardboard box.
Keep checking Craigs, in your area, as well as next city over.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

I assume you are not wanting roos? I have two 3.5 month old silkies that I'm trying to rehome, but both cockerals. I had 7 day-old chicks shipped and ended up with 4 cockerals and don't think that would work in my flock. Very sad, as I love these guys:hit

I am near Oxford, OH (near Indiana border)

Bumble 💜💜
20200731_055045.jpg

Jalapeno 💜💜💜
20200731_055224.jpg

Attachments

• 20200731_055045.jpg
    20200731_055045.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 2
I assume you are not wanting roos? I have two 3.5 month old silkies that I'm trying to rehome, but both cockerals. I had 7 day-old chicks shipped and ended up with 4 cockerals and don't think that would work in my flock. Very sad, as I love these guys:hit

I am near Oxford, OH (near Indiana border)

Bumble 💜💜
View attachment 2269663

Jalapeno 💜💜💜
View attachment 2269665

AH I love them so much! If I were just looking for me, I totally would be tempted. Unfortunately he lives within city limits though, so no boys allowed. :( They are super adorable though, very beautiful. I'm sorry you have to rehome them!

Not sure what part of Indiana you are located. I'm in Chicago area. I also don't have any chickens available, but may be able to direct you to some possibilities.
These would be most-likely Silkies. You would have to contact them if available.
These are Live Poultry Stores in Chicago. Not sure if they would have hens, or cockerels. I have purchased hens from both of these establishments in past years. Took the chickens home live in a cardboard box.
Keep checking Craigs, in your area, as well as next city over.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Oops I didn't see this at first! I would rather get older Silkies just because he can't have roosters, and as far as I know, it's impossible to sex Silkies when they're young chicks. Unless you're talking about older birds, in which case that's super cool that it exists and I'll have to check it out someday! Unfortunately I'm about 3 hours away, in Indianapolis, so that's a pretty long drive. Thank you for your reply though!

AH I love them so much! If I were just looking for me, I totally would be tempted. Unfortunately he lives within city limits though, so no boys allowed. :( They are super adorable though, very beautiful. I'm sorry you have to rehome them!
No worries, I figured :)
I hope you find some for him before his birthday! Can't get lonely with a few silkies running around :love:love:love

Back
Top Bottom