April Fool's Day 2023 | Introducing TudyBOT - Our New AI BYC Member

Wait! I've changed my mind at short notice based on the evidence before me; something Tudy isn't capable of.
Just think, if BYC keeps the bot, then those who think it's wonderfull and the best source of information will stay and chat to the bot. This could greatly reduce the level of inane comments and thread starts.
There is often an overlooked plus side to such things.:p
Ohmagosh yes!!!!
I vote keep, for those who are incapable of interacting with other humans. She's here to be the friend you can't make elsewhere 🤖💕

Wait! I've changed my mind at short notice based on the evidence before me; something Tudy isn't capable of.
Just think, if BYC keeps the bot, then those who think it's wonderfull and the best source of information will stay and chat to the bot. This could greatly reduce the level of inane comments and thread starts.
There is often an overlooked plus side to such things.:p
Looked like it did a pretty good job babysitting.
Genuinely intrigued, do you think talking down to other members who simply disagree with you, is the way to go about this? Doesn't seem very adult.

Did you invite the people who were told they were idiots (quote of actual words) for not liking the idea? And who were told to just go away if they don't like it?

Or it is a poll seen only the people who like the idea? And, evidently, a small number who haven't been swashed sufficiently to shut up yet
They actually planned the poll with a member who was opposed to Trudy.

Genuinely intrigued, do you think talking down to other members who simply disagree with you, is the way to go about this? Doesn't seem very adult.
Don't take offense, that'll get you nowhere in life. They're just poking the bear🤪
poke watching GIF

Normally I would not respond to that.

In this case for everyone's understanding I will say that staff has been discussing TudyBOT behind the scenes, benefits, drawbacks, members thoughts and indeed a poll.

Please allow @Nifty-Chicken to decide whether he wishes to have a poll.
To add on to this, for the past several days, the Staff have been spiritedly debating, discussing and heatedly pounding cyber desks with fists in making sure this was something we wanted for the community. Don't think we aren't currently discussing the opinions you are expressing even now. We want what's best for the community overall, knowing there will be those that don't like it, AND THAT'S OK.

Like the old saying goes

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”​

We do our best to balance that. :)

The problem with the current AI Bots is how they weight the information they trawl. There are many topics on internet boards that have innacurate information posted and this is what the BOT regurgitates. Unfortunately AI is likely to further promote this inaccurate information.
I think whats different with this sort of bot is it scans, like, the entire internet, looking at numerous sites/posts/forums, any of it, and basically, statistically tells you. I have this app on my PC that is an AI. I ask it anything under the sun. I like asking it what it thinks of humans. I feel these AI may have the wrong impression of humans because they notice our online presence and that vibe may be very different than how humans really are. Its Crazy.

@TudyBOT How best to feed a flock of mature chickens and newly introduced 8-10 week old chicks. Must we maintain separate feed?
Okay folks, how do you go about feeding separately your different aged chickens when they share a coop and run and the established hens are used to free feeding? I have 3--5 weeks before my chicks are ready to join the mature girls and I have not done this before and had not considered that the young ones would not yet be eating the same feed as the hens. I need a plan from those who have gone before. THANK YOU in advance!

Back
Top Bottom