Are my Easter Eggers all roosters?

Edens_Echo

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2023
These are 3 Easter Eggers I bought as day olds in Sep, now 7 months old. I bought 5 but 2 didn't make it. I'm thinking they are all roosters, but I'm not familiar with how EE are supposed to look. Should I be looking for some EE hens to keep my kids happy... They're super excited for colourful eggs.

IMG_20240427_102648.jpg
IMG_20240427_102618.jpg
IMG_20240427_102554.jpg

Just a heads up, the birds pictured appear to have scaly leg mites in varying stages. Might want to get that treated and under control as it is looks to be spreading through the flock and will become a problem for your new pullets or hens pretty quickly.

The white bird standing behind one of your roosters in the second picture looks to have a pretty bad case of it.

Just a heads up, the birds pictured appear to have scaly leg mites in varying stages. Might want to get that treated and under control as it is looks to be spreading through the flock and will become a problem for your new pullets or hens pretty quickly.

The white bird standing behind one of your roosters in the second picture looks to have a pretty bad case of it.
Thanks. Yes, you are correct. They do and are being treated. Nasty mites have taken over my whole flock of 100+ birds, so it's a time consuming challenge, as I'm currently living a mile away while we build on site.

Thanks. Yes, you are correct. They do and are being treated. Nasty mites have taken over my whole flock of 100+ birds, so it's a time consuming challenge, as I'm currently living a mile away while we build on site.
Oof, I couldn’t imagine treating 100 birds 😳 Definitely a time consuming task and those darn mites are tough to treat!

Back
Top Bottom